Wednesday, January 3, 2007

2003 CRS Klingele Vineyard Syrah

I've recently had the pleasure of tasting two of C. R. Sandidge's wines: the 2003 Tri*umph and tonight the 2003 Klingele Vineyard Syrah. Another Washington syrah, it was much more exciting than the previously mentioned Isenhower. A dark in color and full in body, it really needs some decanting time before drinking, but as it opens up the wine is amazing.

I had the Tri*umph a long time ago, so I don't remember the details other than it was a very unique wine that I really enjoyed. I have another bottle in the cellar, so in a few years I'll be able to give it the review it deserves. In the mean time, pick some up if you can.

I must say, the CRS web page is one ugly site. 1998 wants its graphics and layout back.

1 comment:

wine2die4 said...

Hi Jeff I really appreciate the tip about how this wine really (and you do mean REALLY) needs decanting. Also I don't know if you have tried the 2004 Klingele Vineyard Syrah, but I recently ordered a few bottles which I must say are wonderful. Unfortunately I am not as good at describing wine as you, but there is a good description on this wine community page: www.b2cwine.com

If you have the chance to try this wine please post about it. I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!