Monday, December 25, 2006

Cougar Crest Tasting

On Friday I tasted three new Cougar Crest wines.

Dedication (Non-vintage) - Interesting. The finish was incredibly long, but it was kind of a nasty taste so that wasn't necessarily a good thing. For $18, if you find the right food to match it with, this might be a good wine. But for those who just want something to drink, save your money.

2004 Cab Franc - Excellent. Lots of vanilla and just an amazing example of this varietal. I bought a couple of bottles and they were a hit at a recent birthday party. ($28)

2003 Reserve Cab - Very good. But for $38 you might be able to find something better.

Overall I've always been impressed with everything these guys make and I can't sing their praises enough. The wines are consistant and reasonably priced, and they're made by some Washington locals. If you can find any of the Aniversery Cuvee, I highly recommend picking that up at any price ($25).

No comments: