Friday, May 16, 2008

2005 Justin Justification

Sara's parents came to visit us in Palo Alto. Sara made a cassoulet the first night they were here (which was excellent) and I wanted to open a nicer bottle to go along with it. You can see for yourself in the picture below that we enjoyed the wine.



The wine is a great blend of 64% Cabernet Franc and 36% Merlot. The wine was still young, with the some pretty recognizable vanilla flavors in it that will fade over time. The tannins were tame and it wasn't acidic at all; the wine was smooth and complex with a fairly short finish. It is a good drinking wine that goes great with home cooking. Now I can not decide if I like it or Isosceles better.

If that is the only difficult decision I have to make, I guess things are going pretty well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,

We opened a 2002 Justification last night, very nice. This year is going to be busy for us with a lot of Justin coming of age. Isosceles 2001 and 2003, Justification 2002 (1 more bottle) and 2004. We also have some Cab, Syrah, Petite Verdot and Obtuse as well as whites. But I'm not complaining in the least. I haven't had any Isosceles in a while so I'm looking forward to it.

Cheers,
Mike

PS enjoy the site as it gives me new wines to explore.

Claire Uncorked said...

I really enjoy Justin's wines. Before the Obtuse, I think the last one I had was called The Oracle (?), & it was wonderful. I'd love to get my hands on the Isosceles...

I just stumbled upon your blog - glad I did!

Anonymous said...

Claire,

not sure if Justin produced an Oracle but they did produce an Orphan.

Mike

Claire Uncorked said...

Yeah, that's it - the Orphan!